Skyway respects your privacy. At all times we will strive to keep your personal information confidential. We will only collect, store, and use any personal information you provide to us for defined purposes and will share it only with companies who share our commitment to protecting your privacy and data. Please take a moment to read this Policy to learn how we handle your personal information. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Services.
This Policy is subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review the Policy regularly for any changes. Your use of the Services, or any portion thereof, following the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with additional notice of such changes by sending you an email at the last email address that you provided us, or by prominently posting notice of the changes on this website. If you do not agree with the changes we make to this Policy, please stop using the Services.
Normal Website Usage
When you visit Skyway’s website passively, you do so anonymously. During normal usage, we do not collect or store personally identifiable information such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or social security number.
However, we may collect certain technical information, which your web browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website on the Internet (or that is collected when you use a mobile application). Our servers automatically record this information, which may include Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, device type, advertising IDs associated with your device (such as Apple’s Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) or Google’s Ad ID (AAID)), the date and time of your request, and Uniform Resource Locators, or URLs (i.e., website addresses) visited prior to visiting and after leaving our website.
To collect this information, we use various technologies, including the following:
· Cookies: Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits.
· Clear GIFs: Clear GIFs, sometimes called "web bugs" or "web beacons," are small electronic images that are placed on a web page or in an email message. We use clear GIFs to monitor user behavior, deliver cookies, collect information, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell if a recipient has opened and acted upon an email.
· Log Files: Log files record website activity on our Services and enable us to gather statistics about our users' browsing habits. These entries help us determine (among other things) how many and how often users have accessed or used our Services, which pages of our Services they've visited, and other similar data.
If you prefer not to receive cookies from this website, set your browser to refuse all cookies. This will provide you with more control over the acceptance of cookies on your computer. However, it is possible that some portions of the website will not function properly or may perform more slowly if you choose to reject cookies. By using our website and not disabling cookies, you consent to their use.
We may associate the information we collect from these technologies with other personal information that you provide for the purposes described in this Policy.
Why and When We Collect Personal Information
We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity that asks for information (e.g., sending us an email, submitting a claim, setting up an E-ZPass account, submitting a resume, payment of a missed toll, or participating in a survey). If you choose not to participate in these activities, your choice will in no way affect your ability to use any other feature of the this website. If personal information is requested on the website or voluntarily submitted by you, Federal or State law may protect it.
Depending on the activity, the types of personal information that you provide may include:
· your first and/or last name;
· email address
· telephone number;
· address (including billing address and/or shipping address);
· credit card or other payment information; or
· other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide.
Non-personal information you may also provide includes your birth date, gender, company name, and job title. When you provide this information at the same time as you provide certain personal information (e.g., your name or other contact or identifying information), we may combine these data points. Standing alone, these pieces of non-personal information we collect cannot be used to identify or directly contact you. However, when we combine your non-personal information with your personal information, it may become personally identifiable (e.g., first and last name combined with birth date).
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you reference someone in your claim or add someone to your transponder account. We will use this information to respond to or fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us.
For Minors Under the Age of 13
Skyway Services are not intended for minors under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect, maintain, disclose or otherwise process personal information of such minors. If we find out that we have collected information from a minor under the age of 13, we will delete that information immediately.
What We Do with Personal Information Provided by You
We use personal information collected through our Services for the purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on or in connection with our Services. Skyway may employ third-party companies to perform services or functions on our behalf. These companies may require access to personal information in order to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Skyway will retain the data collected only as long as it is useful or necessary. Payment information provided by you is encrypted until payment has been processed and is subsequently deleted.
For example, we may use your information to:
· Send you advertising or promotional materials, including information about new services, contests, features and enhancements, special offers and other events of interest;
· Operate and improve our Services, including by linking or combining your information with other information we get from third parties;
· Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
· Monitor performance of the Services, overall usage of the Services and user retention rates, track how users are engaging, identify which website features are least and most utilized, identify problem areas within the websites, and inform design development for future application updates; and
· Carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
Skyway has established policies in an effort to protect your personal information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. For example, Skyway strives to provide only those employees performing a legitimate business function with access to users’ personal information. Skyway also reviews its security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods.
Skyway retains your information for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our Services. Skyway will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time.
Despite our efforts, please be aware that no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. To that end, Skyway will notify users of a data breach when Skyway determines that is reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable law.
Audio and Video Surveillance
For the safety of our customers and employees, vehicle assistance, employee performance monitoring, property security, incident reporting, claim processing, toll payment verification/collection, customer service support and training, and other reasons, SCC engages in audio and video surveillance on its toll road. Surveillance locations include: toll booths, customer service intercoms, the control tower, the tower office, and the road itself. Surveillance recordings are maintained according to SCC’s record management policy. By driving the Skyway, you acknowledge and consent to these practices.
SCC analyzes our Site logs to continually improve the value of the materials available on our website. Our website logs are not personally identifiable. When a visitor requests a page from our website, our web servers automatically recognize that visitor's domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our website. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate and we do not collect and evaluate this information for specific individuals. Our web servers do not automatically record email addresses of the visitors.
This Site contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact Skyway.
Terms and Conditions
The Chicago Skyway Toll Bridge (“Skyway”) is operated by Skyway Concession Company LLC (“SCC”). These terms and conditions, together with your application (“APPLICATION”) for a SCC account (“ACCOUNT”) constitute your agreement (“AGREEMENT”) as to the use of your ACCOUNT and corresponding “E-ZPass” transponder. Subject to this AGREEMENT you may use your transponder on the Skyway and on any other tolling facility in the E-ZPass network (http://www.e-zpassiag.com/about-us/members).
Please read these terms and conditions. When you open your ACCOUNT or use the associated transponder(s), you are agreeing to the following:
1. Failure to comply with this AGREEMENT may result in any or all of the following: unpaid toll violations, suspension or cancellation of your ACCOUNT (and associated transponders), additional fees and fines, non-renewal or suspension of your motor vehicle registration, or referral to a collection agency.
2. Any APPLICATION may be denied at any time for unpaid toll violations (or related fines/fees), suspended motor vehicle registration, invalid payment, violation of previous SCC AGREEMENTS, or the submission of false information.
3. You, by opening your ACCOUNT or by using the Skyway, authorize all costs, tolls, fees, and fines incurred in connection with the use of your ACCOUNT or your use of the Skyway, and costs, tolls, fees, and fines incurred from your use of other E-ZPass network agency toll facilities, to be charged to your ACCOUNT. You acknowledge that you are responsible for all charges on your ACCOUNT.
4. You are responsible for maintaining and monitoring your ACCOUNT, including balance and activity.
5. You acknowledge and understand that you and your vehicle(s) may be audio/videotaped and/or digitally photographed while you are on Skyway property or the property of other E-ZPass network agencies. You expressly acknowledge that vehicles using the Skyway are monitored for the purpose of toll collection, equipment maintenance, traffic monitoring, safety, customer service, and detecting violations of this AGREEMENT.
6. You shall comply with all applicable traffic laws, regulations, signs, signals, and directions from law enforcement officers. You shall approach and pass through the Skyway and its toll plaza (and the toll facilities of other E-ZPass network toll facilities) at the posted speed limit. Failure to obey the posted speed limit may result in the suspension or cancellation of your ACCOUNT (and associated transponders).
7. The obligations or benefits of this AGREEMENT are non-assignable.
Two types of registered pre-paid accounts are offered through SCC, commercial and non-commercial. Commercial accounts allow for up to 100 transponders and/or vehicles on one account. Non-commercial accounts allow for up to 5 transponders and/or vehicles on one account. SCC transponders must be purchased online at https://ezpass.chicagoskyway.org and may only be used in connection with an active ACCOUNT.
1. Customer Information. You agree to keep your account up to date at all times. The following information must be kept current:
a. Name(s) on the account
b. Mailing address
c. Telephone number
d. Email address
e. Vehicle registration information (license plate information, state, make, model, and year)
f. Payment method
g. Credit card number(s) and expiration date(s)
2. Opening an ACCOUNT. Once a valid ACCOUNT is opened, a transponder is purchased, delivery fee is paid, and the pre-paid initial deposit is made, the transponder will be mailed to the ACCOUNT HOLDER for activation. Please allow 5 business days for processing and delivery. If we are unable to process your credit card payment, the order will automatically be cancelled. If you do not receive your order within 10 days, please contact SCC.
3. Activation. SCC will activate your transponder within 48 hours of UPS delivery confirmation.
4. Maintenance fees. Each ACCOUNT will be charged a monthly maintenance fee, charged to the ACCOUNT on the first day of every month.
5. Interest. No interest will be paid on any funds held in your ACCOUNT.
6. Statements. If you choose to request a statement by mail, you will be charged a fee per statement requested. 12 months of statements are maintained online, free of charge. Statements that are more than 12 months old are not available.
7. Notice. Sending information by email or mail to the address on your APPLICATION or in your ACCOUNT profile shall constitute valid notice to you of matters relating to your ACCOUNT or the associated transponders.
8. No activity. If there is no activity in an ACCOUNT for 12 months, a monthly inactivity fee will be charged on the first of each month until a) the ACCOUNT is zeroed out and closed or 2) toll activity occurs. If the ACCOUNT balance is less than the inactivity fee, the inactivity fee will decrease automatically to the amount remaining in the ACCOUNT, the zeroed ACCOUNT will then be closed and the related transponder(s) will be de-activated. To re-activate a closed ACCOUNT, contact SCC.
Account Agreement Modifications
Changes to the terms and conditions of this AGREEMENT may be made at any time. SCC will provide advance notice through posting on https://ezpass.chicagoskyway.org and/or by email sent to the address listed on your ACCOUNT. If you do not agree to accept the new terms and conditions, you must close your ACCOUNT prior to the effective date of the new terms and conditions. The invalidity of any of the terms and conditions of the AGREEMENT will not affect the enforceability of any other terms and conditions of this AGREEMENT, which will remain in full force and effect.
Refer to https://ezpass.chicagoskyway.org for the most recent version of these terms and conditions.
If you choose to pay for tolls charged to your ACCOUNT using a transponder, the terms and conditions contained in this section apply:
1. You agree to correctly mount, display, and use the transponder in accordance with the instructions provided. You will not mount the transponder in any location that could interfere with your visibility or ability to operate your vehicle. Failure to mount the transponder correctly may hinder toll collection efforts, resulting in higher toll amounts charged, fees, transponder de-activation, or ACCOUNT suspension or closure.
2. Defective SCC transponders will be replaced by SCC at no charge if the transponder has not been damaged or improperly used, as determined by SCC. If SCC determines that the transponder was damaged or improperly used, the ACCOUNT will be charged for a new transponder (and delivery).
3. If a SCC transponder is lost or stolen, the ACCOUNT HOLDER must notify SCC as soon as possible. The ACCOUNT HOLDER is not responsible for all toll charges and fees incurred after such notification. For stolen transponders, a copy of the corresponding police report is required.
4. SCC transponders may only be used with the vehicles registered to your ACCOUNT.
5. If you use a SCC transponder for payment on other E-ZPass network toll facilities, you are subject to the laws are regulations governing such use, and you authorize the debit of charges from your ACCOUNT of related tolls, fees, and fines.
6. If your SCC transponder is not read on other E-ZPass network toll facilities, toll charges may be posted to your ACCOUNT using license plate identification (which could incur additional fees). If more than 10 consecutive tolls are posted using license plate identification, your transponder may be defective and must be evaluated and/or replaced by SCC.
Account Payments and Balance
1. New ACCOUNT funds are not available for use to pay tolls for up to 24 hours after deposit or replenishment.
2. You must maintain a minimum, positive ACCOUNT balance to cover applicable charges to your ACCOUNT. Tolls will be deducted from your ACCOUNT each time an associated transponder is used on the Skyway or other E-ZPass network toll facility. All applicable charges or fees will also be deducted from your ACCOUNT.
3. When your ACCOUNT balance reaches the minimum balance ($10 for 2-axle vehicles or $50 for 3-axle vehicles), it will be automatically replenished from the credit card you designated on your ACCOUNT. The amount of replenishment will be the greater of the following options:
· $35 for 2-axle vehicles and $100 for vehicles with 3-axles, or
· an amount reflecting the average monthly activity for the previous 90 days of use (after the 1st 90 day period), or
· an amount of your choice (higher than the previous two options).
** NOTE: Automatic replenishment will not be triggered by inactivity (see ACCOUNTS section of these terms and conditions – 8. “No activity”).
4. If the credit cards on the ACCOUNT become invalid and your ACCOUNT balance is not positive, your SCC transponders on the ACCOUNT will not work until your payment method is updated with valid credit cards, all outstanding charges are paid, and your ACCOUNT balance is replenished.
· Are the responsibility of the registered owner of the vehicle using a toll facility;
· May be charged the unregistered video toll rate for the vehicle class for each unpaid toll transaction;
· May incur fees and fines for each unpaid toll violation/notice;
· May result in non-renewal or suspension of vehicle registration for non-payment or chronic unpaid toll transactions; the registering agency may charge the registered owner an additional fee for each suspension or non-renewal; and
· May result in referral of the registered owner to a collection agency for collection of unpaid tolls, fees, and fines.
1. To cancel an ACCOUNT, the ACCOUNT HOLDER must:
· complete and submit the online cancellation request form;
· pay all amounts owed on the ACCOUNT; and
· stop using the ACCOUNT, including all associated transponders (as they will all be de-activated upon ACCOUNT cancellation)
2. Any positive balance remaining in the ACCOUNT after cancellation will be returned to the ACCOUNT HOLDER.
3. SCC may cancel or suspend your ACCOUNT at any time, for any reason.
4. Your transponder contains a lithium battery. You are responsible for proper disposal. Please consult federal, state, and local waste regulations to determine appropriate disposal options.
This AGREEMENT will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois.
You hereby authorize SCC or its authorized agent(s) to decide in the first instance every question or dispute arising from, under, in connection with, or related to this AGREEMENT, including, without limitation, the imposition of tolls, fees, or other charges incurred, applied or stated for the use or misuse of your transponder, ACCOUNT, or of the Skyway.
You may dispute the tolls, charges, or fees on your ACCOUNT through SCC’s online dispute process (see the “dispute” button next to each transaction in your ACCOUNT activity list). Any such dispute must be made within 90 days from the date the disputed transaction is posted on your ACCOUNT.
Collection of Expenses
You agree to pay all costs, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by SCC or the E-ZPass network agencies, for services to collect any amounts due and owing, including collection agency costs, fees imposed by agencies responsible for registering vehicles, and any other charges due under the terms of this AGREEMENT.
You acknowledge that SCC and the E-ZPass network agencies have not made, and expressly disclaim, any representation or warranty, expressed or implied, relating to the transponder(s) including, without limitation, any expressed or implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to models or samples. You agree that SCC and the E-ZPass network agencies will have no obligation or liability whatsoever to you with respect to your use of or the performance of the transponder. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless SCC and the E-ZPass network agencies from and against all damage, loss, expense, or liability relating to, arising from, or as a result of the use or performance of the transponder.
Initial deposit for pre-payment of tolls
$35 for 2-axle vehicles; $50 for vehicles with 3-axles or more
Monthly ACCOUNT fee
ACCOUNT statement (paper copy mailed to you)
$4 per statement
ACCOUNT statement – up to 12 months, available online
Free of charge
Up to $5/month until balance is zero or activity resumes
**the most recent terms and conditions, including this fee schedule, are accessible online at https://ezpass.chicagoskyway.org
For emergencies, please contact 911.
General questions, comments, concerns about your SCC transponder account?